I can not help but think, “Is this the beginning of the end?”
The more I read the Bible, the more I realize and understand that humanity is always repeating itself. For some unknown reason we just do not learn from past mistakes and failures. I am alarmed every time I turn on the TV at what I hear on the news. I am ashamed at the way the next generation is being raised and taught. I am burdened at who we have become. Who are we?
I was reading this morning in the book of Judges and the main theme that I gleaned was that there was “no authority” in the land to rule the people. Judges 17:6, tells us, “In those days there was no king in Israel; everyone did what was right in his own eyes.” Again, in Judges 18:1, “In those days there was no king in Israel.” Judges 18:28, “There was no deliverer…” Judges 19:1, “And it came to pass in those days, when there was no king in Israel…” Judges 21:25, “In those days there was no king in Israel; everyone did what was right in his own eyes.”
My heart is shattered. We are in serious trouble as a nation. We have no king. We have no authority to guide us anymore. Here are some of my thoughts that have lead to our downfall…
- We have abandoned our rights as parents to teach and train our own kids and tossed them to the world for ungodly indoctrination.
- We have abandoned our Creator and now serve the creature. (ourselves)
- We have labeled God as ALL love and forgot that He will judge ALL sin.
- We have abandoned our God and became a nation of idol worship.
- We have numbed our kids to violence by sitting them in front of a tv and games that destroy their conscious.
- We have abandoned all morals and settled for “what feels right for you.”
- We have abandoned the Truth and settled for what is “not to offend.”
- We have abandoned discipline and settled for making little Johnny fell good about himself.
- We have abandoned standing up for our rights so we don’t make people feel uncomfortable.
- We have abandoned speaking out for what we believe and against sin so we are sure not to judge anyone.
- We are without authority.
- We are without God.
- We are Lost.
- We are hurting.
- We are headed into a place of no return.
- We are at the Beginning of the End.
Now, for the good news.
Jesus Christ is STILL on His throne. While He will allow us to destroy ourselves, He will JUDGE us for our actions. You see, we live in a land where even the preachers of the day have become hired hands to make you feel good about yourself and your sin. But Jesus has not changed nor will He ever.
His Word is still the moral compass, the law of the land, the guidebook as to how to train your kids, the encouragement to stand up and speak out, the authority over all life. We can put in under a basket, hide it in the closet, burn it with fire, but Jesus will one day soon return as the Lion of the tribe of Judah. Oh yes, He is love but do NOT forget that He is a God of wrath. And wrath will be poured out when He returns to judge the sin of the world. Yours and mine. We will be without excuse.
Friend, if you have read this far, then know there is a God that created us and loves us so much that He was willing to suffer for ALL our sin. He willingly died on a old rugged cross for your sin and mine. (John 3:16) The Bible tells us that if we will BELIEVE, trust by Faith, that Jesus died for our sin, and confess with our mouth our sin to Him, He will forgive us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:9) Submit to Him today. Ask Him today to forgive you? I did…
Is this the beginning of the end… YES…